Chilean and Argentine Patagonia
MARE AUSTRALIS, VIA AUSTRALIS, STELLA AUSTRALIS
Passenger Capacity: 129, 136, 210
Built: 2002, 2005, 2010
Length: 233 ft.
Officers and Crew: 40. Chilean
- Itinerary: October through April there are cruises between Punta Arenas, Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina through the Strait of Magellan and Beagle Channel. The ships depart from Punta Arenas and Ushuaia for three and four-night itineraries. Itineraries can be combined for a seven-night itinerary starting from either city.
- Cabins: 63, 64, 100. All cabins are outside and have air-conditioning and private bath with shower. Cabins have twin or double beds, and some have a foldaway upper berth.
- Dress: Casual. Bring trekking boots, waterproof pants, and clothing for wilderness walks in cold weather.
- Facilities and Activities: Each ship has two lounges, a library with books of the region's history and cultures. Each ship has a six-member expedition team for shore expeditions into remote wilderness areas and daily lectures on the flora, fauna, natural and cultural history of the region. There are four zodiac landing craft for shore excursions. Passengers explore glaciers and fjords in southern Patagonia and Cape Horn. Wildlife includes a Magellan Penguin colony in southern Patagonia with over 150,000 penguins, colonies of sea elephant and sea lions, and a large variety of regional birds. There are usually two shore excursions per day. Smoking is only allowed on open decks. There is an open bridge policy. A physician is on board. Segments include Cabo de Hornos National Park.
- Recent Fares Reported to Us: Cruise-only fare for the three-night cruise US$840 to $1,980 depending on the cabin and the season, four-nights $1,120 to $2,290. Lower rates are in September, October, November, early December, March and April; high season is late December, January and February.
For more details on these Patagonia cruises, click on Cruceros Australis
For special offers & to make a reservation use our Cruise Request Form.
Want to read a we-were-there day-to-day report on a Patagonia cruise?
TO MAKE A RESERVATION :
We work with travel partners all over the world who are experts in small ships
and will handle your cruise reservation with first-hand knowledge.
New Page 1